Women’s football coach who secretly filmed players banned for life | Football News


Petr Vlachovsky, ⁠a Czech women’s football club coach who filmed players in changing rooms, has been banned for life.

European football’s governing body says it has issued a lifetime ban ⁠to Petr Vlachovsky, ⁠a Czech women’s football coach who secretly filmed his players.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said it had decided to ban Vlachovsky “from exercising any football-related activity for life” following an investigation into allegations of potential misconduct.

“The CEDB further decided to request FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Mr Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching licence,” the statement added.

Czech media reported that the coach was convicted in ⁠May 2025 and initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence and a five-year domestic coaching ban for filming FC Slovacko’s players in changing rooms, the youngest of ⁠whom was 17. According to the indictment cited by the Czech media, Vlachovsky confessed and expressed regret.

Vlachovsky had also previously served as coach of the Czech women’s Under-19 team.

“This is a deeply serious and distressing matter which came to light ⁠in 2023 and had a significant impact on our club, ⁠and above all on the players affected,” a spokesperson for FC Slovacko told the Reuters news agency.

“From the moment we became aware of the allegations, the club acted immediately, terminated its cooperation with the former coach, and ⁠cooperated with the relevant authorities.

“Throughout this process, the club has regarded itself as an injured party and has treated the ⁠matter with the utmost seriousness, sensitivity and respect for ⁠those affected.”

Football players’ union FIFPRO welcomed the ban as well as UEFA’s request for world football governing body FIFA to impose an international ban on Vlachovsky.

“This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has no place in football and ‌that ‌safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game,” FIFPRO added in a statement.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    British Prime Minister Keir Starmer seeks to avoid fall from power

    LONDON — Britain was once a byword for stable, stolid democracy: the mother of parliaments, the country that keeps calm and carries on. But since the referendum a decade ago…

    James Roscoe, Deputy British Ambassador to the U.S., Leaves Job Abruptly

    Britain’s deputy ambassador to the United States, James Roscoe, has left his job with immediate effect, the British government said on Wednesday without offering any further details. Although the Foreign…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Yoni Goldstein: Canadian Jews are trapped in an October 7 mindset

    Where Trump falters with Republicans – and where he holds steady, according to a new AP-NORC poll

    Where Trump falters with Republicans – and where he holds steady, according to a new AP-NORC poll

    UK House-Price Growth Grinds to a Halt After Loan Costs Surge

    Moose-proof and megacasting: Ars drives the new Volvo EX60

    Moose-proof and megacasting: Ars drives the new Volvo EX60

    Joel Bagan: Left-back signs new four-year Cardiff City contract

    Joel Bagan: Left-back signs new four-year Cardiff City contract

    China Confirms Massive 200-Jet Boeing Order After Summit

    China Confirms Massive 200-Jet Boeing Order After Summit