James Roscoe, Deputy British Ambassador to the U.S., Leaves Job Abruptly


Britain’s deputy ambassador to the United States, James Roscoe, has left his job with immediate effect, the British government said on Wednesday without offering any further details.

Although the Foreign Office did not release an immediate statement, Mr. Roscoe’s official biography on a British government website had been updated on Wednesday morning to say that his role as deputy head of mission in Washington ended this month.

Mr. Roscoe’s departure is the latest ruction at the embassy, which was thrust into the spotlight when the former ambassador, Peter Mandelson, was fired last September. Mr. Mandelson was ousted after revelations about the extent of his links to the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Mr. Roscoe was acting ambassador for several months after Mr. Mandelson lost his job last year, and he was seen as a potential successor. However, the post went to another senior official, Christian Turner.

Mr. Roscoe played a significant role in organizing President Trump’s state visit to Britain last year and in the recent return trip made by King Charles III to the United States.

Before moving to Washington, Mr. Roscoe was Britain’s ambassador to the United Nations General Assembly. Before that, he worked as a communications director for two British government departments and had previously served as communications secretary to Queen Elizabeth II. Earlier in his career, he was a chief press officer in Downing Street under the governments of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

This is a developing story. Please check back later for updates.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Kushner Meets Netanyahu in Israel in Effort to Break Logjam Over Gaza

    Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior aide, met for several hours with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel in Jerusalem on Monday in an effort to break a logjam…

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Trump’s son-in-law and special envoy says the US will not ‘restrict Israel’s right to defend itself’ as strikes on Gaza continue. Published On 17 Aug 202617 Aug 2026 United States…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Supreme Court rejects final Trump appeal of $5 million E. Jean Carroll verdict

    Supreme Court rejects final Trump appeal of $5 million E. Jean Carroll verdict

    YouTube Public View Counts Will Likely Get Higher Starting Next Week

    YouTube Public View Counts Will Likely Get Higher Starting Next Week

    Air Canada Finalizes Terms of $800 Million Substantial Issuer Bid

    Ontario teachers to start school year without contract

    Ontario teachers to start school year without contract

    Nick Reiner has spent some of his family money on murder defense, lawyers say

    Nick Reiner has spent some of his family money on murder defense, lawyers say

    Rams not looking to rush WR Puka Nacua, DE Myles Garrett back to practice

    Rams not looking to rush WR Puka Nacua, DE Myles Garrett back to practice