Sussex head coach Paul Farbrace delighted at county players’ England recognition


Robinson, whose last England appearance came against India in February 2024, was rewarded with a call-up for next month’s first Test against New Zealand after taking 17 wickets in the first five County Championship matches.

The 32-year-old was not the only beneficiary of a re-established link between performances in the county game and England selection.

The uncapped trio of Durham opener Emilio Gay, Somerset batter James Rew and Hampshire fast bowler Sonny Baker were all named in the Test squad, which was the first involving new national selector Marcus North, who had been director of cricket at Durham.

“That’s what, in my view, county cricket is about,” former England assistant head coach Farbrace told BBC Radio Sussex.

“I know some counties don’t like having players selected for the Lions or for England, and they talk about ‘losing them’. I think it’s absolutely brilliant, because it shows the hard work that our coaching staff are doing.

“You want people to play at the highest level. I want [James] Coles, [Tom] Haines and [Jack] Carson to be talked about playing for England as well.”



Source link

  • Related Posts

    NFL: Aaron Rodgers signs new one-year deal with Pittsburgh Steelers

    Pittsburgh quarterbacks coach Tom Arth said Rodgers has a “ferocious competitive spirit” but still has “so much fun” playing the game. “He plays the game like he’s still 10 years…

    Sources: José Mourinho agrees to two-year deal to rejoin Real Madrid

    May 18, 2026, 06:06 AM ET José Mourinho has agreed to a two-year contract to return to Real Madrid, sources have told ESPN, with the coach already saying his goodbyes…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Ebola Was Identified in Congo Weeks Before W.H.O. Declared an Emergency

    Ebola Was Identified in Congo Weeks Before W.H.O. Declared an Emergency

    Police investigating suspicious death at Sunridge hotel – Calgary

    Police investigating suspicious death at Sunridge hotel – Calgary

    We Updated Our Privacy Policy. Here’s What Changed and Why.

    We Updated Our Privacy Policy. Here’s What Changed and Why.

    Cancelled Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake’s voiced protagonist and naked robo-person bums bared in this reportedly leaked cinematic

    Cancelled Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake’s voiced protagonist and naked robo-person bums bared in this reportedly leaked cinematic

    Canada Gazette – Part I, September 5, 2020, Vol. 154, No. 36

    Katayama Signals Care for Bond Market in Compiling Extra Budget