Women’s football coach who secretly filmed players banned for life | Football News


Petr Vlachovsky, ⁠a Czech women’s football club coach who filmed players in changing rooms, has been banned for life.

European football’s governing body says it has issued a lifetime ban ⁠to Petr Vlachovsky, ⁠a Czech women’s football coach who secretly filmed his players.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said it had decided to ban Vlachovsky “from exercising any football-related activity for life” following an investigation into allegations of potential misconduct.

“The CEDB further decided to request FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to revoke Mr Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching licence,” the statement added.

Czech media reported that the coach was convicted in ⁠May 2025 and initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence and a five-year domestic coaching ban for filming FC Slovacko’s players in changing rooms, the youngest of ⁠whom was 17. According to the indictment cited by the Czech media, Vlachovsky confessed and expressed regret.

Vlachovsky had also previously served as coach of the Czech women’s Under-19 team.

“This is a deeply serious and distressing matter which came to light ⁠in 2023 and had a significant impact on our club, ⁠and above all on the players affected,” a spokesperson for FC Slovacko told the Reuters news agency.

“From the moment we became aware of the allegations, the club acted immediately, terminated its cooperation with the former coach, and ⁠cooperated with the relevant authorities.

“Throughout this process, the club has regarded itself as an injured party and has treated the ⁠matter with the utmost seriousness, sensitivity and respect for ⁠those affected.”

Football players’ union FIFPRO welcomed the ban as well as UEFA’s request for world football governing body FIFA to impose an international ban on Vlachovsky.

“This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has no place in football and ‌that ‌safeguarding the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every level of the game,” FIFPRO added in a statement.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Top five factors behind Arsenal’s first Premier League title in 22 years | Football News

    Arsenal have ended a 22-year wait to be crowned Premier League champions after Manchester City were held 1-1 by Bournemouth. Mikel Arteta’s men held off the challenge of Pep Guardiola’s…

    At least 80% responsibility for ill health in old age down to individual, says study | Life expectancy

    Individuals bear at least 80% of the responsibility for their ill health in old age, according to a report aimed at challenging the belief that physical decline is either inevitable…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Qatar Airways Has Ended Airbus A380 Flights On 5 Routes [Updated List]

    Qatar Airways Has Ended Airbus A380 Flights On 5 Routes [Updated List]

    Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States and the High Representative of the European Union on the deployment of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea troops to Russia

    Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States and the High Representative of the European Union on the deployment of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea troops to Russia

    Ten years later, the cult of ‘The Nice Guys’ keeps growing

    Ten years later, the cult of ‘The Nice Guys’ keeps growing

    Online child safety campaigners call for US inquiry into Roblox | Roblox

    Online child safety campaigners call for US inquiry into Roblox | Roblox

    JLaw’s Graphic Tee and Track Pants Are Cooler Than Jeans

    JLaw’s Graphic Tee and Track Pants Are Cooler Than Jeans

    FIRST READING: He’s Canada’s number one author, and he’s leaving Canada for safety reasons