Son of Mango Fashion Chain’s Founder Is Arrested as Suspect in His Death


The police in Spain said on Tuesday that they had arrested the son of Isak Andic, the founder of the international fashion chain Mango, as a homicide suspect in his father’s 2024 death.

Mr. Andic’s son, Jonathan Andic, was arrested on Tuesday at his home in the Barcelona area and was taken to a courthouse to appear before a judge, said the police in Catalonia, the region of Spain that includes that city. Catalonia’s highest court said he was released after posting bail of 1 million euros, or $1.15 million.

The police said he had not been charged with a crime. His lawyer, Cristóbal Martell, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday. Neither did Mango, which identifies Mr. Andic as the vice chairman of the board.

Spanish news outlets had reported for months that the police were investigating Mr. Andic in connection with his father’s death, which happened in a fall while the two of them were hiking near Barcelona. Mango announced the death, calling it an accident.

The police opened an investigation but closed it a few weeks later, The Associated Press reported. The investigation was reopened in March 2025, according to The A.P. In October, the police confirmed that Mr. Andic’s death was being investigated as a possible homicide, The A.P. reported.

As of Tuesday afternoon, Mango had not publicly acknowledged Mr. Ardic’s arrest on its website or on social media.

Mango is one of Spain’s leading international retailers, and the Andic family is among the country’s wealthiest. Isak Andic, who held the title of nonexecutive chairman at Mango, had a net worth of about $4.5 billion when he died at 71, according to Forbes magazine.

He started the company in the mid-1980s, as a storefront selling T-shirts in Barcelona, and expanded the brand beyond Spain in 1992.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Europe wildfires: Lecornu heckled over French emergency response

    French Prime Minister Sébastien Lecornu has been heckled on a visit to the area of the country worst hit by wildfires, as blazes continue to cause further deaths and evacuations…

    U.S. Navy destroyer lost power for 4 days in South China Sea

    The ship’s crew lost access last month to drinkable water, running toilets and air conditioning, as the fleet sees heavy use by the Trump administration. Source link

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    A Democratic warning sign in Michigan: From the Politics Desk

    A Democratic warning sign in Michigan: From the Politics Desk

    Europe wildfires: Lecornu heckled over French emergency response

    Europe wildfires: Lecornu heckled over French emergency response

    Alberta’s Smith calls byelection in Calgary, vote to take place Sept. 14

    Alberta’s Smith calls byelection in Calgary, vote to take place Sept. 14

    Cost to taxpayers growing as Granville SRO remains open for 1 resident – BC

    Cost to taxpayers growing as Granville SRO remains open for 1 resident – BC

    ‘Unprecedented’ number of Apple users received recent spyware alert, say investigators

    ‘Unprecedented’ number of Apple users received recent spyware alert, say investigators

    Battlefield 6’s Top Gun collaboration is more involved than I expected, and it convinced me that Carrier Strike should be a permanent mode

    Battlefield 6’s Top Gun collaboration is more involved than I expected, and it convinced me that Carrier Strike should be a permanent mode