New Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon Games Are Coming Over the Course of the Next Few Years


Ubisoft has promised to release new Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon games all by the end of March 2029.

Reporting its financial results, Ubisoft said it will deliver a significantly stronger and diversified content pipeline over the 2027-28 and 2028-29 financial years, supported by releases across Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon.

The witchcraft-inspired Assassin’s Creed Hexe will be among them — it’s expected to launch at some point in 2027. A new Far Cry game is long overdue, after Far Cry 6 came out in 2021. And Ghost Recon hasn’t seen a mainline release since 2019’s Breakpoint.

Ubisoft considers Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon to be its biggest franchises, and while there’s discussion of the performance of live service games such as Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2, The Crew Motorfest, and For Honor, there was no mention of the eternally MIA Beyond Good and Evil 2, nor the Splinter Cell remake. Ubisoft did say it had canceled seven projects in the last year, and delayed six projects.

The company has endured a tough period that has seen around 1,200 employees leave the business (Ubisoft’s total headcount stood at 16,590 at the end of March 2026). It has €1.16 billion (approx. $1.35 billion) in cash from Chinese megacorp Tencent to help turn around the business.

The next big release on Ubisoft’s radar is Black Flag Resynced, due out July 9. Ubisoft said the remake’s reveal “generated strong engagement across the Assassin’s Creed community, with players praising the game’s modernized presentation and expanded gameplay features while recognizing its faithfulness to the original experience. Early pre-order momentum has been particularly strong, notably in China, ranking among the franchise’s best performances over the first three weeks.”

Wesley is Director, News at IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Subnautica 2’s early access warning is more serious than I could’ve imagined

    Subnautica 2‘s early access boundary is unmissable. Developer Unknown Worlds marked it in horizontal orange lines stretching from above the ocean’s surface to its deepest point, and if you somehow…

    Star Wars Eclipse Development “Continues” As Studio Cancels MOBA Months After Launch

    French studio Quantic Dream is shutting down its first live-service game, but it also gave proof of life to the elusive Star Wars Eclipse. Spellcasters Chronicles launched in February as…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    1996 Downing of Planes by Cuba Followed Months of Diplomatic Wrangling

    1996 Downing of Planes by Cuba Followed Months of Diplomatic Wrangling

    ‘Please forgive me’: Texas death row inmates’ haunting final statements

    ‘Please forgive me’: Texas death row inmates’ haunting final statements

    Google DeepMind in talks with UK unions amid staff concern over US and Israel’s AI use | Google

    Google DeepMind in talks with UK unions amid staff concern over US and Israel’s AI use | Google

    China banned Nvidia’s gaming chip during Jensen Huang’s visit

    Canada Gazette – Part I, March 13, 2020, Vol. 154, Extra Edition No. 1

    Indra Group Joins Forces With Cohere To Drive International Cooperation in Sovereign AI Between Spain and Canada