B.C. Conservative hopeful Findlay still in race after ‘unproven and anonymous’ claims



VICTORIA — The committee organizing the leadership race for the B.C. Conservatives says it doesn’t have enough credible evidence to take action against a candidate after a media report said she was accused of wrongdoing in the last federal election.

VICTORIA — The committee organizing the leadership race for the B.C. Conservatives says it doesn’t have enough credible evidence to take action against a candidate after a media report said she was accused of wrongdoing in the last federal election.

The leadership campaign for Kerry-Lynne Findlay said earlier this week that the allegations are false and the “unproven and anonymous” claims were leaked to the media at the most politically damaging moment possible.

Findlay said on social media platform X on Friday that her campaign won’t be stopped “no matter what they throw” at her, and she won’t be silenced or intimidated.

She is one of five candidates on the ballot to replace John Rustad as voting starts on Saturday among members of the main provincial opposition party.

A statement from the Commissioner of Canada Elections’ office says it is aware of the report about Findlay but it doesn’t confirm receiving a complaint or initiating an investigation because of confidentiality provisions in the federal Elections Act.

The statement from the leadership race’s organizing committee says Findlay has “not provided any substantive response or co-operated” and it has reached out to investigators from the commissioner’s office, but has received no response.

The organizing committee says its “goal is to provide the membership with as much information as possible and to act in the party’s best interests.”

Findlay has a news conference scheduled for Monday.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 22, 2026.

The Canadian Press





Source link

  • Related Posts

    Thousands under evacuation orders in Southern California amid threat of chemical explosion

    IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. Now Playing Thousands under evacuation orders in Southern California amid threat of chemical explosion 02:12…

    DMG Blockchain Solutions Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2026 Earnings Release Date and Conference Call Details

    Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations, or intentions regarding the future. Such information can generally be identified by the…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    The Morning After: The Biggest News From Google I/O 2026

    The Morning After: The Biggest News From Google I/O 2026

    Man wanted after 8-year-old girl sexually assaulted in Scarborough store

    Man wanted after 8-year-old girl sexually assaulted in Scarborough store

    Sky’s Azura Stevens (knee) to make season debut against Lynx

    Sky’s Azura Stevens (knee) to make season debut against Lynx

    SpaceX launches more powerful Super Heavy-Starship rocket on test flight

    SpaceX launches more powerful Super Heavy-Starship rocket on test flight

    Thousands under evacuation orders in Southern California amid threat of chemical explosion

    Thousands under evacuation orders in Southern California amid threat of chemical explosion

    MAS Holdings Deepens Sri Lanka Supply Chain Bet With New Fashion Hub

    MAS Holdings Deepens Sri Lanka Supply Chain Bet With New Fashion Hub