New Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon Games Are Coming Over the Course of the Next Few Years


Ubisoft has promised to release new Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon games all by the end of March 2029.

Reporting its financial results, Ubisoft said it will deliver a significantly stronger and diversified content pipeline over the 2027-28 and 2028-29 financial years, supported by releases across Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon.

The witchcraft-inspired Assassin’s Creed Hexe will be among them — it’s expected to launch at some point in 2027. A new Far Cry game is long overdue, after Far Cry 6 came out in 2021. And Ghost Recon hasn’t seen a mainline release since 2019’s Breakpoint.

Ubisoft considers Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon to be its biggest franchises, and while there’s discussion of the performance of live service games such as Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2, The Crew Motorfest, and For Honor, there was no mention of the eternally MIA Beyond Good and Evil 2, nor the Splinter Cell remake. Ubisoft did say it had canceled seven projects in the last year, and delayed six projects.

The company has endured a tough period that has seen around 1,200 employees leave the business (Ubisoft’s total headcount stood at 16,590 at the end of March 2026). It has €1.16 billion (approx. $1.35 billion) in cash from Chinese megacorp Tencent to help turn around the business.

The next big release on Ubisoft’s radar is Black Flag Resynced, due out July 9. Ubisoft said the remake’s reveal “generated strong engagement across the Assassin’s Creed community, with players praising the game’s modernized presentation and expanded gameplay features while recognizing its faithfulness to the original experience. Early pre-order momentum has been particularly strong, notably in China, ranking among the franchise’s best performances over the first three weeks.”

Wesley is Director, News at IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Another live service game is dead just a few months after launch

    I feel bad saying this because it sucks when a game fails, but frankly this may be the least surprising news of the day: Spellcasters Chronicles, the MOBA released by…

    Ubisoft confirms new Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon games are coming before April 2029

    Ubisoft has outlined its future slate of releases in its latest earnings report, confirming the next Assassin’s Creed will launch before the end of its 2028-2029 financial year. That’s in…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Another live service game is dead just a few months after launch

    Another live service game is dead just a few months after launch

    UK radio station apologises for accidentally announcing king’s death | Radio

    UK radio station apologises for accidentally announcing king’s death | Radio

    Buckle up: Google is set to remake search with agentic AI in 2026

    Buckle up: Google is set to remake search with agentic AI in 2026

    Riachuelo Launches Recycled Cotton and Sugarcane-Based Spandex Denim

    Riachuelo Launches Recycled Cotton and Sugarcane-Based Spandex Denim

    Every Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series, Ranked

    Every Disney+ ‘Star Wars’ Series, Ranked

    From The Sports Desk: Knicks mount epic fourth quarter comeback, stun Cavaliers

    From The Sports Desk: Knicks mount epic fourth quarter comeback, stun Cavaliers