An active shooter opened fire at a San Diego mosque Monday, where the FBI said three adult males were killed.
Two other “subjects” were among the dead, and were described as being “teenagers,” the FBI said when speaking to reporters.
Local police were called to the scene around noon local time, where they believed multiple people had been shot.
The scene at the Islamic Center of San Diego has since been contained, according to authorities, but is still active.
Get daily National news
Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.
It is not yet clear if the shooting occurred outside or inside the mosque, and San Diego Police said “the threat at the Islamic center has been neutralized.”
San Diego Police said they were on the scene shortly after 3:00 p.m. eastern (12:00p.m pacific).
– More to come
© 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.








