Jewish man in hospital after attack by group of men in Golders Green | London


A Jewish man is being treated in hospital for injuries to his face and body after being attacked by a number of men in north London.

Police were called in the early hours of Monday morning following reports that a Jewish man had been assaulted by a number of men outside a property on the Grove in Golders Green.

A man in his 20s is understood to have stepped outside a flat to take a phone call before he was assaulted and beaten up in the street, according to reports.

Police said that the assault is being treated as an antisemitic hate crime but that no arrests have yet been made.

Golders Green in north-west London is home to one of the largest and most prominent Jewish communities in the UK and Europe, and has been the site of a number of attacks over the last few months, including an arson attack on ambulances ran by a Jewish charity and a stabbing attack, in which two Jewish men were injured.

Sarah Sackman, MP for Finchley and Golders Green, said: “The reports of an assault on a Jewish constituent in Golders Green last night are intolerable. I understand that the police are investigating this as a hate crime and I have raised it in a meeting with Met Police Commissioner Mark Rowley today.

The recent spate of antisemitic attacks and terror have struck fear into the heart of our community and I am pushing for more action at every level.”

A Met police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 02.05hrs on Monday 18 May following reports that a Jewish man had been assaulted by a number of men outside a property on the Grove, NW11.

“Officers attended within six minutes and spoke to the victim, a man in his 20s, who later attended hospital with injuries to his face and back.

“No arrests have been made at this stage and police enquiries continue.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 542/18MAY.”



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Is the US trying to force regime change in Cuba? | Newsfeed

    NewsFeed Cuba is suffering nationwide electricity blackouts after the US cut off its oil supplies by threatening other countries with tariffs. Now, the US is offering Cuba $100m in aid…

    Australia news live: flash flooding hits Queensland roads; $57bn of Victoria infrastructure threatened by climate hazards | Australia news

    Key events Show key events only Please turn on JavaScript to use this feature Josh Taylor Restricting welfare to citizens not ‘punishing’ but ‘incentivising’, shadow minister says The shadow immigration…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Can’t find cottage cheese? Protein-maxxing may be to blame

    Atmos Rewards Summit vs. Citi / AAdvantage Globe

    Atmos Rewards Summit vs. Citi / AAdvantage Globe

    Trump calls for DOJ investigation after mail ballot error in Maryland

    Trump calls for DOJ investigation after mail ballot error in Maryland

    CISA Admin Leaked AWS GovCloud Keys on Github – Krebs on Security

    CISA Admin Leaked AWS GovCloud Keys on Github – Krebs on Security

    X-Files: I Want to Believe’s never-seen cut streaming on Hulu in June

    X-Files: I Want to Believe’s never-seen cut streaming on Hulu in June

    Is the US trying to force regime change in Cuba? | Newsfeed

    Is the US trying to force regime change in Cuba? | Newsfeed