McGregor open to ‘no name’ opponent in potential UFC return


UFC star Conor McGregor is once again teasing the possibility of his return to competition, this time against a “no name” opponent.

McGregor (22-6) has been out of action since July 2021 but has repeatedly expressed his interest in taking a fight in 2026 — particularly at the UFC’s White House event in June. On Saturday, the former two-weight champion shared on social media he was willing to accept a “no name” opponent and urged the UFC to send him a contract.

“It’s a no name up next for me possibly, folks,” McGregor wrote on X, adding that “I ACCEPT. Send the contract, lads.”

McGregor’s post comes less than a week after he posted — and immediately deleted — another statement on social media in which he said, “I have been offered an opponent and a date and I accept.”

The 37-year-old was scheduled to face Michael Chandler at UFC 303 in June 2024 but was forced to withdraw at the last minute due to an injured toe. UFC CEO Dana White revealed earlier this year he would welcome a McGregor comeback but said it would no longer be against Chandler. That opened the multimillion-dollar question of who McGregor’s opponent might be.

McGregor suffered a broken leg during his last fight, a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. Three of his past four appearances were in the lightweight division, with the fourth taking place at welterweight. It is unclear which division he would return to in 2026. His bout against Chandler in 2024 was scheduled for five rounds at the 170-pound limit.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    MLB.TV on ESPN: Subscription cost, game coverage, more facts

    Feb 10, 2026, 02:52 PM ET ESPN is the new home of MLB.TV. This innovative new agreement enhances one of sports media’s longest-standing partnerships. MLB.TV is Major League Baseball’s out-of-market…

    Bowlers shine as England claim big Super 8 win over Sri Lanka

    England win their opening match of the Super 8s at the T20 World Cup as they beat co-hosts Sri Lanka by 51 runs after bowling them out for 95. Source…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Trump’s new flat-rate tariff will boost China and Brazil

    Trump’s new flat-rate tariff will boost China and Brazil

    Frozen for 5,000 years, this ice cave bacterium resists modern antibiotics

    Frozen for 5,000 years, this ice cave bacterium resists modern antibiotics

    Pakistan says it killed at least 70 militants in strikes along Afghan border – National

    Pakistan says it killed at least 70 militants in strikes along Afghan border – National

    Outcry after Ambassador Mike Huckabee suggests Israel has God-given right to Middle East land

    Outcry after Ambassador Mike Huckabee suggests Israel has God-given right to Middle East land

    Denmark Rejects Trump’s Plan to Send Hospital Boat to Greenland

    6 days left to lock in the lowest Disrupt 2026 rates

    6 days left to lock in the lowest Disrupt 2026 rates