Trump says he will order the release of Pentagon files on aliens and UFOs | UFOs


Donald Trump has announced he is directing the defense department and other agencies to release whatever files they have on the search for alien life.

In a post on his social media platform, Trump said that he will ask the defense secretary and others “to begin the process of identifying and releasing Government files related to alien and extraterrestrial life, unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), and unidentified flying objects (UFOs).”

Comments from Trump’s predecessor, Barack Obama, went viral last weekend after podcast host Brian Tyler Cohen asked the former president if aliens are “real.”

“They’re real, but I haven’t seen them,” Obama responded. “And they’re not being kept in, what is it? Area 51. There’s no underground facility, unless there’s this enormous conspiracy and they hid it from the president of the United States.”

On Thursday, Trump accused Obama of disclosing “classified information”.

The president told reporters aboard Air Force One, “I don’t know if they’re real or not,” and said of Obama, “I may get him out of trouble by declassifying.”

Obama clarified earlier this week that he had not seen evidence that aliens “have made contact with us,” but said, “statistically, the universe is so vast that the odds are good there’s life out there.”

Trump told reporters Thursday that when it came to the prospect of extraterrestrial visitors: “I don’t have an opinion on it. I never talk about it. A lot of people do. A lot of people believe it.”

Trump’s daughter-in-law Lara Trump suggested this week that he was ready to speak about it, however, when she said on a podcast that the president had a speech prepared to deliver on aliens that he would give at the “right time.”

That was news to the White House. Press secretary Karoline Leavitt responded with a laugh when she was asked about it Wednesday and told reporters, “A speech on aliens would be news to me.”

Public interest in UFOs and the possibility of the government hiding secrets of extraterrestrial life re-emerged after a group of former Pentagon and government officials leaked Navy videos of unknown objects to US media in 2017. The renewed scrutiny prompted Congress to hold the first hearings on UFOs in 50 years in May 2022, though officials said that the objects, which appeared to be green triangles floating above a Navy ship, were likely drones.

Since then the Pentagon has promised more transparency on the topic. The information that has been made public shows that the vast majority of UFO reports made by the military go unsolved but the ones that are identified are largely benign in nature.

With the Associated Press



Source link

  • Related Posts

    LS Lowry believed his paintings would be worthless, interviews reveal | LS Lowry

    LS Lowry was convinced his paintings would be worthless after his death, he confided in a previously unheard interview. Although the artist had enjoyed some success in his final years,…

    Details behind Matt Jeneroux's defection reveal contradictions. Here's what we know

    But new details on the backroom machinations behind that move reveal contradictions in what has been publicly revealed so far. Source link

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Japan’s Takaichi Aims to Hit Growth Button With Markets on Board

    LS Lowry believed his paintings would be worthless, interviews reveal | LS Lowry

    LS Lowry believed his paintings would be worthless, interviews reveal | LS Lowry

    Sources: Brewers reward manager Pat Murphy with new contract

    Sources: Brewers reward manager Pat Murphy with new contract

    Street Fighter 2 producer Yoshiki Okamoto now makes gacha games and spends half a million dollars on each ‘to make sure the people who spend the most don’t end up dissatisfied’

    Street Fighter 2 producer Yoshiki Okamoto now makes gacha games and spends half a million dollars on each ‘to make sure the people who spend the most don’t end up dissatisfied’

    Three aid workers killed, 4 wounded in RSF drone attack in Sudan’s Kordofan | Sudan war News

    Three aid workers killed, 4 wounded in RSF drone attack in Sudan’s Kordofan | Sudan war News

    Details behind Matt Jeneroux's defection reveal contradictions. Here's what we know

    Details behind Matt Jeneroux's defection reveal contradictions. Here's what we know