McGregor open to ‘no name’ opponent in potential UFC return


UFC star Conor McGregor is once again teasing the possibility of his return to competition, this time against a “no name” opponent.

McGregor (22-6) has been out of action since July 2021 but has repeatedly expressed his interest in taking a fight in 2026 — particularly at the UFC’s White House event in June. On Saturday, the former two-weight champion shared on social media he was willing to accept a “no name” opponent and urged the UFC to send him a contract.

“It’s a no name up next for me possibly, folks,” McGregor wrote on X, adding that “I ACCEPT. Send the contract, lads.”

McGregor’s post comes less than a week after he posted — and immediately deleted — another statement on social media in which he said, “I have been offered an opponent and a date and I accept.”

The 37-year-old was scheduled to face Michael Chandler at UFC 303 in June 2024 but was forced to withdraw at the last minute due to an injured toe. UFC CEO Dana White revealed earlier this year he would welcome a McGregor comeback but said it would no longer be against Chandler. That opened the multimillion-dollar question of who McGregor’s opponent might be.

McGregor suffered a broken leg during his last fight, a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. Three of his past four appearances were in the lightweight division, with the fourth taking place at welterweight. It is unclear which division he would return to in 2026. His bout against Chandler in 2024 was scheduled for five rounds at the 170-pound limit.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Everton vs. Manchester United prediction, odds, picks, expert bets for Feb. 23

    Manchester United will look to avenge one of its more embarrassing losses in recent memory when they visit Everton in an English Premier League matchup on Monday. Man U sit…

    Man United’s managerial search narrows as Zidane verbally agrees France role

    It has been another turbulent season at Old Trafford, with head coach Ruben Amorim being replaced halfway through the campaign after a rocky start led to a falling out with…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nintendo’s new accessory is for the weirdos among us

    Nintendo’s new accessory is for the weirdos among us

    Have investors moved on from AI disruption scares?

    Have investors moved on from AI disruption scares?

    Trump warns Netflix of ‘consequences’ unless it pulls top Democrat from board | Netflix

    Trump warns Netflix of ‘consequences’ unless it pulls top Democrat from board | Netflix

    Team USA scores first goal in men’s hockey final

    Team USA scores first goal in men’s hockey final

    How to send a message via satellite on iPhone

    How to send a message via satellite on iPhone

    Everton vs. Manchester United prediction, odds, picks, expert bets for Feb. 23

    Everton vs. Manchester United prediction, odds, picks, expert bets for Feb. 23