CP NewsAlert: Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé says he’s resigning from cabinet


MONTREAL — Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé says he’s leaving cabinet to sit as an Independent.

In a statement on social media, Dubé says he is not the right person to continue negotiations with family doctors over changes to a controversial doctor-payment law that he helped push through the legislature.

The Coalition Avenir Québec government passed Bill 2 in late October and has faced strong pushback from physicians since then.

Earlier in December the government announced it had reached an agreement in principle with family doctors to delay and amend the contentious legislation.

Dubé says he’s stepping down for the good of patients, physicians and the health-care system.

He had served as minister of health since June 2020.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 18, 2025.

The Canadian Press




Source link

  • Related Posts

    I was supposed to give a speech to over a thousand…

    writeswrongs: I was supposed to give a speech to over a thousand people today at a labor rally, but the rally was planned mostly around white union organizers who have…

    My bf and I are trying to pull together money for…

    My bf and I are trying to pull together money for first and last on an apartment as soon as we possibly can Both of us are in less than…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    I Asked ChatGPT for Fashion Advice—Here’s What It Got Wrong

    I Asked ChatGPT for Fashion Advice—Here’s What It Got Wrong

    Australia-US minerals deal underpinned decision to allow Alcoa to keep clearing WA forest, document reveals | Western Australia

    Australia-US minerals deal underpinned decision to allow Alcoa to keep clearing WA forest, document reveals | Western Australia

    The economic case for B.C. coal mine expansion

    The economic case for B.C. coal mine expansion

    Meta’s flagship metaverse service leaves VR behind

    Meta’s flagship metaverse service leaves VR behind

    This week on “Sunday Morning” (Feb. 22)

    This week on “Sunday Morning” (Feb. 22)

    Donald Trump vows additional 10 per cent tariffs after U.S. Supreme Court strikes down emergency tariffs

    Donald Trump vows additional 10 per cent tariffs after U.S. Supreme Court strikes down emergency tariffs