Coca-Cola sues Vue after cinema chain switches to Pepsi | Coca-Cola


Coca-Cola is taking legal action against Vue after the cinema chain switched to arch-rival PepsiCo as its supplier for soft drinks in Europe.

Vue, which operates more than 90 cinemas across the UK and Ireland, put the contract up for tender last year.

In March 2025, the largest privately owned cinema operator in Europe, with 222 sites in eight countries, selected PepsiCo as its exclusive supplier until at least 2030.

The deal saw the end of a relationship between Vue and Coca-Cola that has lasted for almost 25 years.

On Thursday, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Great Britain (CCEP) took legal action against Vue Entertainment to reclaim alleged unpaid debts outstanding when the contract was terminated.

It is understood Coca-Cola also has outstanding debts payable to Vue, which has not sought legal action relating to the amount.

Coca-Cola’s legal action has been filed by Coltman Warner Cranston, a Coventry-based law firm that specialises in debt recovery.

Darren Davoile, who leads the practice, told the Guardian that the company does not comment on client activity.

Tim Richards, the chief executive and founder of Vue, said: “One would have hoped that after 25 years, a simple phone call could have resolved a genuine dispute for such a small amount without the need for lawyers.”

Coca-Cola GB did not respond to a request for comment.

PepsiCo has a portfolio that includes Pepsi Max, Mountain Dew, Lifewtr, Bubly sparkling water and Pure Leaf.

In 2020, Vue rival Cineworld also announced a deal to move away from Coca-Cola and use PepsiCo as its exclusive soft drink supplier.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Gordie Howe bridge opponent donated $1 million to MAGA fund days before Donald Trump's threat to prevent its opening

    Matthew Moroun, whose family owns the Ambassador Bridge, gave $1 million to a PAC that supports Trump days before Trump threatened to block the opening of the new, competing span…

    Funeral of Tumbler Ridge shooting victim cancelled as RCMP investigate threats against victims’ families

    The parents of Kylie Smith, 12, killed in the Feb. 10 shooting, said their daughter’s funeral on Saturday was cancelled after threats were made. Source link

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Curtis the matchwinner after Kellaway's century stands alone

    Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown

    Iran students stage first large anti-government protests since deadly crackdown

    Gordie Howe bridge opponent donated $1 million to MAGA fund days before Donald Trump's threat to prevent its opening

    Gordie Howe bridge opponent donated $1 million to MAGA fund days before Donald Trump's threat to prevent its opening

    Best Mark Ruffalo Movies of All Time Ranked

    Best Mark Ruffalo Movies of All Time Ranked

    Senate G.O.P. Faces Pressure to Force ‘Talking Filibuster’ for Voter I.D. Bill

    An AI coding bot took down Amazon Web Services

    An AI coding bot took down Amazon Web Services