CCTV shows men in SUV kidnapping Chris Baghsarian, 85, who police say was taken by mistake | Crime – Australia


CCTV footage has provided police with clues searching for an 85-year-old Sydney man who investigators say was abducted by mistake in a botched underworld kidnapping.

Chris Baghsarian was alone in his North Ryde home when he was taken and bundled into a dark-coloured SUV on Friday morning.

Police hold grave concerns for the grandfather, who needs daily medication, after they were called to the home by neighbours who heard a commotion about 5am.

When they arrived at the home, police found signs of forced entry.

Det Acting Supt Andrew Marks said Baghsarian had been in his bedroom when three men broke in.

“Police consider that Mr Baghsarian was not the intended target … you have the wrong person,” Marks said. Further details were due to be released at midday on Monday.

New vision, published by Nine News, shows a dark Toyota pulling into Northcott Street in North Ryde before Baghsarian was taken. A man in high-visibility clothing is seen emerging from the car, followed by an accomplice.

Moments later, they are seen pushing the elderly man across the landing as the car moves closer.

Police said a burnt-out vehicle matching the description of the SUV involved had been found nearby.

They would not confirm a Daily Telegraph report that a video had emerged showing Baghsarian tied up.

Baghsarian’s family, who were not involved in any criminal activity, were concerned and shocked by his kidnapping, Marks said.

“They’re quite surprised that this has happened, and what they want is the safe return of their father,” he said.

“Please release Mr Baghsarian. Take him to a hospital. Take him to somewhere that’s safe, and we’ll do the rest.”

It’s believed Baghsarian is a widower who has lived alone for almost four years.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Police return to SA home of missing four-year-old Gus Lamont in search for new evidence | South Australia

    Police have returned to the home of missing four-year-old Gus Lamont to search for new evidence after identifying a suspect in his disappearance. Gus (short for August) went missing on…

    Saskatchewan women advocate for shorter mammogram wait times

    At the beginning of 2026, the Saskatchewan government lowered the breast cancer screening age from 45 to 43, with plans to further drop it to 40 by June. While many…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    7 Spring Basics That Make Up the Chicest Work Capsule Wardrobe

    7 Spring Basics That Make Up the Chicest Work Capsule Wardrobe

    Yakuza Kiwami 3 & Dark Ties sets up an intriguing path, but RGG will need to prove it’s worth joining them on that road

    Yakuza Kiwami 3 & Dark Ties sets up an intriguing path, but RGG will need to prove it’s worth joining them on that road

    Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,453 | Russia-Ukraine war News

    Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,453 | Russia-Ukraine war News

    REJO brings CUBE modular device to Japan in its global premiere

    Police return to SA home of missing four-year-old Gus Lamont in search for new evidence | South Australia

    Police return to SA home of missing four-year-old Gus Lamont in search for new evidence | South Australia

    Savannah Guthrie posts new video 2 weeks after mother Nancy Guthrie’s abduction: “It is never too late to do the right thing”

    Savannah Guthrie posts new video 2 weeks after mother Nancy Guthrie’s abduction: “It is never too late to do the right thing”