Trump unsure if he’ll attend son’s wedding, says not good timing


WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s RSVP to his son’s wedding this weekend is still pending.

Speaking to reporters at the White House Thursday, Trump said that due to the Iran war and “other things,” he wasn’t sure if he’d be attending the nuptials of Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina Anderson.

Asked by NBC News whether he would be in attendance, the president said it “is not good timing for me.”

“He’d like me to go,” Trump said of his eldest son. “But it’s going to be just a small, little private affair, and I’m going to try and make it. I’m in the midst — I said, you know, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things. That’s one I can’t win on.”

Trump added that either way, he would be attacked by the media.

“If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed, by the fake news, of course,” he said.

Still, the president wished the couple luck.

“He’s got a very — a person who I’ve known for a long time, and hopefully they are going to have a great marriage,” Trump said.

The wedding is set to take place on Saturday in the Bahamas, Page Six reported. A spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Anderson and the younger Trump announced their engagement during a White House holiday party in December, with Trump Jr. calling it a “big win” as the president stood behind the couple.

Trump Jr. was previously married to Vanessa Trump for 13 years and has two children with her. He was previously engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle, whom the president appointed as U.S. ambassador to Greece in 2025 after she parted ways with Trump Jr.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Beyond borders, within societies: Inequality and the global transmission of US monetary policy

    Few topics have moved as decisively from the margins to the centre of economic policy debate as inequality. As Atkinson and Morelli (2014) noted when introducing the Chartbook of Economic…

    B.C. man sues StubHub after $25K FIFA World Cup ticket deal collapses

    The SFU student sued the ticket resale giant after it allegedly cancelled transactions involving a dozen FIFA World Cup tickets Source link

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    IoT gadget maker AcuRite shares reasoning for killing customers’ favorite app

    IoT gadget maker AcuRite shares reasoning for killing customers’ favorite app

    Beyond borders, within societies: Inequality and the global transmission of US monetary policy

    Destiny 2 hasn’t been the game I’d loved in years, but it still sucks to know it’s ending

    Destiny 2 hasn’t been the game I’d loved in years, but it still sucks to know it’s ending

    Guardian journalists win across categories at Press Awards in London | Newspapers & magazines

    Guardian journalists win across categories at Press Awards in London | Newspapers & magazines

    N.S. advocates say province has failed to consult…

    B.C. man sues StubHub after $25K FIFA World Cup ticket deal collapses

    B.C. man sues StubHub after $25K FIFA World Cup ticket deal collapses