Man charged with stealing camera equipment from Bondi shooting victim in aftermath of terror attack | New South Wales


NSW police have charged a man for allegedly stealing camera equipment from one of the victims of the Bondi beach terror attack, in the aftermath of the shooting.

In a statement, police allege that the man had been at the Hanukah event before the shooting on 14 December, in which 15 people were killed.

During their investigation into the attack, detectives “identified that one of the victims – a 61-year-old retired police officer and photographer – had his camera equipment stolen in the aftermath of the attack”.

On Wednesday morning police executed a search warrant in Sydney’s north-western suburbs.

They said they located and seized a camera, handcuffs and electronic devices, and found a small amount of white crystal powder and further electronics in a car.

A 35-year-old man was arrested and taken to Riverstone police station, where he was charged with larceny and disposing of stolen property.

“Police will allege the man was a photographer at the Hanukah event who stole the deceased 61-year-old’s camera equipment before pawning it days later,” the statement said.

He was granted strict conditional bail to appear before Blacktown local court on Monday 22 June.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    US lawyers say man on death row could be executed with expired lethal drugs | Death Penalty News

    Published On 20 May 202620 May 2026 Lawyers for a Tennessee death row inmate say they are concerned the state may be planning to use expired lethal injection drugs at…

    ‘We will not go back to Jim Crow’: thousand of Mississippians rally for voting rights | Mississippi

    Thousands of Mississippians, along with allies from other southern states, gathered at the state’s War Memorial Building auditorium on Wednesday in support of voting rights. It was the latest in…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    AI engineer says Google unfairly sacked him after he protested against work for Israel | Google

    AI engineer says Google unfairly sacked him after he protested against work for Israel | Google

    Raúl Castro’s indictment marks important new chapter for the U.S. and Cuba: From the Politics Desk

    Raúl Castro’s indictment marks important new chapter for the U.S. and Cuba: From the Politics Desk

    US lawyers say man on death row could be executed with expired lethal drugs | Death Penalty News

    US lawyers say man on death row could be executed with expired lethal drugs | Death Penalty News

    Change is possible, but unlikely

    Change is possible, but unlikely

    BlackRock® Canada Announces Final May Cash Distributions for the iShares® Premium Money Market ETF

    Retired RCMP officer details humiliating experience on CBC prank show