Former ‘family values’ politician who ran massage parlour staffed by his wife facing criminal trials


A former Regina political candidate who helped run a network of massage parlours that offered “sexual encounters” with several women, including his wife, is heading to trial on a raft of criminal charges. 

Trevor Wowk, a 65-year-old former candidate for the People’s Party of Canada, is charged with advertising and living off the avails of sexual services, money laundering, intentionally provoking a state of fear in a police officer, possession of unlicensed firearms, illegal storage of  firearms, forgery and possession and sale of illegal tobacco.  

The pretrial conference for one of these matters took place last week. The rest of the charges are set to be dealt with later this year. 

When reached by text, Wowk declined CBC’s request for comment, saying he the court had forbidden him to comment publicly, adding “good luck with your article.”

In the 2019 election, Wowk ran for federal office in Regina as a promoter of traditional family values. A couple years later, he leapt to prominence when he helped lead a COVID-19-related protest to the home of Saskatchewan’s chief medical health officer. 

A subsequent CBC investigation in the spring of 2021 revealed that in addition to his public activity, Wowk was quietly helping run four massage parlours in Regina, including one in his own home that was staffed by his wife “Lily.”

In a text exchange with an undercover CBC reporter, Lily explained what she was offering: “The full service, which starts at two hours, provides two sexual encounters.” She later clarified by saying, “you pay for two hours you get two times of sex, you got it? Baby [sic].”

text messages exchanged about sexual services
In 2021, Trevor Wowk’s wife Lily offered sexual services to an undercover CBC reporter during a text conversation. (CBC)

Wowk confirmed that the CBC reporter had been texting his wife and he agreed that she was offering sex for a price. But he insisted this was just bait and switch — a false promise of sex for cash. 

“I can guarantee you my wife does not provide sexual service.” 

However, he also admitted, “I’m not in the room. I don’t have cameras in the rooms. I can neither prove if they do or if they don’t,” adding “what they do behind their closed doors of their massage clinics is up to them.”  

A ‘military style home invasion’

Three years after that story was published, on June 21, 2024, police executed a search warrant on Wowk’s Victoria Street home. That encounter led to the raft of charges. 

In a Facebook post, Wowk said CBC’s “slanderous political attack article” was the “main document” used by the Regina Police Service to justify its “military style home invasion.” 

Police officer with a rifle walking through a backyard
Trevor Wowk’s security cameras captured images of Regina police officers in his backyard as they were preparing to execute a search warrant on June 21, 2021. (Trevor Wowk Facebook)

Wowk’s Facebook account, entitled WarriorAgainstEvil, says the police, armed with a warrant and assault rifles, used a battering ram to break down his doors. 

He says he was placed in handcuffs and detained, as were his wife and two other women in the home. 

“These are Chinese women that are petite five-foot-nothings that speak next to no English,” he wrote.  

He says police seized their identification, bank cards, cell phones, cash and other personal effects.  

On his Facebook page, Wowk called police “tyrannical” “thugs” executing a “Stalinist KGB crime investigation.”

He said his own restraint enabled him to avoid “the blatant attempt to assassinate me by cop.” 

“My wife, whom I deeply love, accepts I will die to defend the truth, protect my family and those I love before giving in to armed intimidation by Regina police,” he wrote. 

He added, “RPS, some free advice. If you thought I was dangerous enough to need SWAT to participate in my apprehension you should never have given me 15 seconds to decide to resist or stand down.” 

‘Provoking a state of fear’

In a July 7, 2024 Facebook post, which is still active online, Wowk referenced the officer who led his interrogation by name.

Two days later he said, “may the members of RPS that participated in this illegal search rot in hell.” 

Then on July 23, 2024, he wrote a long post about a childhood experience when he shot a rabbit, leaving it screaming and paralyzed. 

“Many years later, I received a trophy and honour badge presented by the Canadian forces in recognition that I was the top marksman in all Canada,” he wrote on Facebook. “I owe that rabbit for my focus… When a sniper misses it is a terrible feeling. I never missed again.”  

Wowk did have firearms in his home at the time of the June 21 raid, according to police. They subsequently charged him with possession and improper storage and handling of firearms. 

On July 24, 2024, the day after Wowk’s rabbit hunting post, Regina police charged Wowk with “intending to provoke a state of fear in [the named officer] a justice system participant, in order to impede him in the performance of his duties.” 

According to court records, Wowk was jailed and a judge ordered him to be placed on electronic monitoring. 

He was also ordered to have no contact with that officer and not be within 500 meters of his home. In addition, the court said Wowk should “not refer to any Canadian policing agency or individual police officer or peace officer while using electronic social media including commenting on the posts or articles of other people.” 

A post of Trevor Wowk's Facebook page.
The day after Trevor Wowk posted this on his Facebook page, he was charged with provoking a state of fear in a police officer. (Trevor Wowk’s Facebook )

In a Sept. 17, 2024 Facebook post, Wowk took issue with this. 

“Can you believe I am under court ordered censorship not to post on social media? How can corrupt authorities be publicly held to account if our courts censor discussion on social media,” he wondered.  

On Sept. 27, 2024, Wowk was charged with failing to follow his court-ordered curfew. 

Selling ‘sexual services’

Wowk claims that during his interrogation, police alleged he had been “living off the avails” of sexual services between 2019 and 2023. Wowk said that wasn’t true.  

He said police were also accusing him of advertising sexual services, but he says the massage parlour workers “procured their marketing support from an advertising site located in Hungary,” and they did so without his involvement. He did wonder how it could be that Regina police “have any jurisdiction over a foreign country’s laws.”

A woman wearing lingerie and holding a sign promoting a website.
In 2021, this image of Lily, Wowk’s wife, was posted online. (leolist.cc)

He said police also alleged that he was involved in money laundering, to which he replied, “it is impossible I am involved with anything resembling this allegation.” 

On June 19, 2025, Wowk was charged with advertising and receiving benefits from the selling of sexual services. He was also charged with laundering funds received from the advertising and sale of sexual services. 

He was ordered “not to attend any casinos” and was told he must “not access or use any other means of gambling.”  

One of his associates, Baiping Wang, a woman who ran and worked in a massage parlour connected to Wowk, was charged with a money laundering offence the same day as Wowk. That matter is also headed to court later this year. 

Wang was told not to attend a casino or be involved in advertising. She was also told to stay away from Wowk and his wife Lily. 

A search at the Regina court failed to turn up any charges against Lily.

According to Wowk’s Facebook page, he hasn’t seen her since July 2024, shortly after police executed the search warrant on their home.  



Source link

  • Related Posts

    US and Japan unveil $36bn of oil, gas and critical minerals projects in challenge to China | International trade

    Japan has drawn up plans for investments in US oil, gas and critical mineral projects worth about $36bn under the first wave of a deal with Donald Trump. The US…

    Miner Glencore to give $2bn to shareholders despite profit slump | Glencore

    Glencore is to give $2bn (£1.47bn) to shareholders after a turbulent year in which profits slumped and talks collapsed over a blockbuster $260bn merger with the fellow mining company Rio…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Matheesha Pathirana ruled out of T20 World Cup

    Star Trek: Voyager – Across the Unknown’s survival RPG retelling inspires many emotions, but mostly makes me feel old

    Star Trek: Voyager – Across the Unknown’s survival RPG retelling inspires many emotions, but mostly makes me feel old

    US and Japan unveil $36bn of oil, gas and critical minerals projects in challenge to China | International trade

    US and Japan unveil $36bn of oil, gas and critical minerals projects in challenge to China | International trade

    Prime Minister Carney returning to B.C. one week after mass shooting

    Prime Minister Carney returning to B.C. one week after mass shooting

    US and Japan unveil first mega-projects under $550bn deal

    US and Japan unveil first mega-projects under $550bn deal

    Miner Glencore to give $2bn to shareholders despite profit slump | Glencore

    Miner Glencore to give $2bn to shareholders despite profit slump | Glencore