Surrey Six link to woman’s death in Maple Ridge home – BC


A woman whose partner pleaded guilty to interfering with her remains in Maple Ridge following her mysterious death last year, was the spouse of a notorious B.C. gangster, Global News has learned.

Estate documents reveal Jessica Cunningham, the woman whose body was found in a deep freezer in her Maple Ridge home last summer, was married to a former Red Scorpion gangster, convicted in the Surrey Six murders – the deadliest gang shooting in B.C.’s history.

A B.C. Supreme Court filing related to the estate of 43-year-old Cunnigham identifies her spouse as Cody Rae Haevischer.

In 2014, Haevischer was convicted of six counts of first-degree murder for the October 2007 killings in suite 1505 of Balmoral Tower, infamously dubbed the Surrey Six.

Crown’s theory was that the murders were payback for an unpaid debt between rival gangs.

Story continues below advertisement

Two innocent victims, Ed Schellenberg and 22-year-old Christopher Mohan, were shot in the head.


Click to play video: 'Supreme Court of Canada sides with two convicted killers in Surrey Six case'


Supreme Court of Canada sides with two convicted killers in Surrey Six case


Haevischer applied for a stay of proceedings to overturn his conviction, alleging abuse of process.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

He and another Red Scorpion, who was also convicted in the Surrey Six, but has since died, Matthew Johnston, claimed systemic police misconduct and the inhumane conditions of confinement they experienced in custody, prejudiced their rights to a fair trial and undermined the integrity of the justice system.

In 2023, the Supreme Court of Canada determined that misconduct by members of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team during the investigation warranted a new evidentiary hearing.

The BC Prosecution Service says Haevischer’s application for a judicial stay has been ongoing for several months, with financial submissions to be scheduled for this spring.

Story continues below advertisement

Cunningham, Haevischer’s spouse, was last seen in June 2025—according to RCMP.

Forty-eight-year-old Mylie Barron has pleaded guilty to interfering with her remains between late May and August of last year.

At a sentencing hearing earlier this month, the court heard Barron and Cunningham were in an intimate partner relationship and had lived in the upper unit of a home on Gillis Place in Maple Ridge since early 2024.

According to an agreed statement of facts, the couple frequently used illicit drugs, including cocaine and meth.

On July 25, the landlord called police for a wellness check as Cunningham hadn’t been heard from for over a month.


Click to play video: 'Sentencing hearing for Maple Ridge man'


Sentencing hearing for Maple Ridge man


Crown says police attended and Barron indicated Cunningham was in Victoria.

Story continues below advertisement

In late August, police searched the home with Barron’s consent and found a human arm in a garbage bag in a standalone deep freezer.

Barron was arrested.

Police returned with a warrant and the body in the freezer was confirmed to be Cunningham’s.

How she died is the subject of an ongoing investigation.

In successfully arguing for a sealing order on pre-sentence reports, defence counsel told the court a “certain individual” described as “notorious” was married to Cunningham.

Barron’s lawyer says his client has been in separate confinement while in custody and his safety concerns are valid.

Barron remains in custody and is expected to be sentenced on March 5 in Port Coquitlam.


&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Queen West drive-by shooting on Monday was ‘targeted’: police

    State AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWashington D.C.West VirginiaWisconsinWyomingPuerto RicoUS Virgin IslandsArmed Forces AmericasArmed Forces PacificArmed Forces EuropeNorthern Mariana IslandsMarshall IslandsAmerican SamoaFederated States of MicronesiaGuamPalauAlberta, CanadaBritish…

    Canadians can now travel to China visa-free. Here’s what people are saying about the change

    Listen to this article Estimated 4 minutes The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Diptyque Orphéon Eau de Toilette, Reviewed by an Expert

    Diptyque Orphéon Eau de Toilette, Reviewed by an Expert

    January inflation data sets UK on the path to hit target in April

    Oil Steady as US and Iran Signal Progress in Nuclear Talks

    Oil Steady as US and Iran Signal Progress in Nuclear Talks

    Queen West drive-by shooting on Monday was ‘targeted’: police

    Queen West drive-by shooting on Monday was ‘targeted’: police

    Logan Paul Sells Pikachu Illustrator Card For A Record Breaking $16.59 Million

    Logan Paul Sells Pikachu Illustrator Card For A Record Breaking $16.59 Million

    Canadians can now travel to China visa-free. Here’s what people are saying about the change

    Canadians can now travel to China visa-free. Here’s what people are saying about the change